Search This Blog

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Are You The COO of Your Family?

Chief Operating Officer...that is totally my title at the the Peek family business. No, we don't really have a business. It just feels like it.

The day-to-day operations at Chalet Peek will keep any well-qualified COO on their toes. Is there an early morning school club today? Who is going and what time do they need to be there? Taking or buying lunch? Is there a breakfast meeting or early conference call? Holy c*** is the furnace guy coming today?!

And all before 8 a.m.

I am here to say that it is a good thing that the female mind was created or has evolved to be able to handle this. Otherwise, we'd be in a world of hurt on a daily basis...all before 8 a.m.

And, yet, that COO role leaves out key pieces. Pieces that are essential to us being able to keep that ball in play, to make sure that all those pieces of the COO role keep moving along. (I'm thinking that the CEO has it pretty good right now...)

What about those crazed schedules? What about feeling like you can spend time with your family where you don't feel like an air traffic controller? What about that precious self-care that has to be done (or the COO collapses)?

Ummm...yeah.

I am tired just writing this...and thinking about the list for tomorrow as Christmas and a 2-week family trip looms before me. Seriously. How can planning a 2-week trip be exhilirating? I'm even wondering how taking one can be...but I bought books to read just in case I get a break :-)

Being the COO of your family and also trying to be that great professional and executive is exhausting. But it doesn't have to be. I can show you how to make the change you want, that you desire, that you need. 2011 is the year to do it. Take your life back. Really. Money, time, relationships. It is sooooo possible.

Tell me what you want and let's make it happen: Jennifer@PeekCoaching.com

I'll be toasting you to a great 2011!

Peace & Prosperity,
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment