Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year...Goals or Resolutions?

I don't really think of myself as the resolution type. I'm sure part of this is based on the collective cultural data (real and perceived) that resolutions are not really long-term - and most don't make it past the first of March.

All of this is almost like knowing that there is some sort of defeat just waiting around the corner...

Ugh. That is clearly not motivating.

Goals, on the other hand, give you something to strive for. Plus, they tend to be talked about in the positive sense whether you are setting, tracking or achieving them. Even when you say "I didn't meet my goal" you are often miles ahead of where you would have been had you never set a goal to start with.

So...no resolutions for me this year. Instead I have a brand-new set of goals and a shiny new 3 year grand plan that is pulling me forward into 2011.

What about you? Are you the resolution type or do you prefer goals...or maybe neither one? Be sure to share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment